Tuesday 5 November 2013

A thousand words

Posted by Linda Penn

I am invited to speak at a conference next week (6th November). This conference is “Organised and provided by Diabetes UK Northern and Yorkshire Region, the University of York and the University of Huddersfield in collaboration with healthcare professionals representing their diabetes services from around the region”.

I know this invitation is a huge privilege and I am aware of the responsibility to properly present work which involves many people. I might analyse the data, sometimes I conduct interview studies as well, and I might draft the research papers with input from statisticians and co-authors, but I never really feel that I do the real work.

The ‘real work’ is done by the intervention delivery staff. Thus I am anxious to do them credit and I was thinking about this when my son (who is a painter) sent me a text about prints. This prompted me to request intervention photos. Problem solved. The data is of course of paramount importance, but my guess is that people will mostly remember the pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment