Thursday 24 April 2014

52 weeks in public health research, part 16


Posted by Dorothy Newbury-Birch and Jean Adams

From Dorothy Newbury-Birch: I've been working at home for the week going through lots of reviewers comments for a report. The report is larger than my PhD was - 55,000 vs 36,000 words! I have everything I need - coffee, my little bit of India hanging from the window, flowers (got to have for writing) and the little pot is my pot of motivation - this is the pot where the pink paper tabs go when I've finished that point - there is only six in the pot at the moment and 37 left to go but seeing the pot get fuller will be fantastic.

From Jean Adams: I spoke at a lunchtime seminar at ScHARR, Sheffield University a few weeks ago. It was pouring rain when I left Newcastle and I got soaked on the way to the station. By the time I reached Sheffield it was a beautiful day made a little happier by finding some interesting things on the walk from the station up to the university. This poem on the side of a Sheffield Hallam University building is by Andrew Motion. I couldn't read without hearing his voice in my head.

From Jean Adams: this fountain is just outside Sheffield station. I took lots of pictures of it, but my favourite was this selfie. #ego

Hang on...is that the #fuseduck doing some active commuting?


-------------------


Just to remind you:

Each Thursday of 2014 we’ll try and post around four pictures on the Fuse blog that capture our weeks in public health research, from the awe-inspiring to the everyday and mundane. Given that more of the latter than the former exists in my life, I foresee problems compiling 208 images worth posting on my own. So this is going to have to be a group project. Send me an image (or images) with a sentence or two describing what aspect of your week in public health research they sum up and I’ll post them as soon as I can. You don’t have to send four together – we can mix and match images from different people in the same week.

Normal rules apply: images you made yourself are best; if you use someone else’s image please check you’re allowed to first; if anyone’s identifiable in an image, make sure they’re happy for it to be posted; nothing rude; nothing that breaks research confidentiality etc.

Also, this doesn’t mean we wont also be posting words. You word-based posts are, as always, much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment